So, I was having a hard time getting started, blogging. I knew I wanted to do it. My friend Minnow gave me just the push I needed, but I was still struggling with what. What to write, what others want to read about...etc. So, I started checking out other blogs. Why was I so surprised by all the stay-at-home mom's blogs? Almost every single one of them!!!??? Because they have the time? BUT, they are all the same. Nothing new. Nothing mind-altering, not even posing questions or answering them.
Really, is that what it's all come down to? The woman+the man=the kids in a house with a white picket fence? AND, they are all the same: "we all matched for church today..." "doesn't she look cute in the bathtub...." And, it's summer, so you have to have a picture of a kid and a carnival of some sort. Here are all the pictures that look the same, just substitute another popular 2010 name, McKenzie, Jaiden, Jordan....
Maybe this is why I don't go to the carnival, besides the carnies with the small hands...... Hhhhmmmmm... kids= carnies with small hands. :) Don't get me wrong, I love kids. I spent years of my life helping people raise theirs. I just think that life is about a lot of other things too. Even though I'm almost thirty, I'm nowhere NEAR that yet. AND I MAY NEVER BE. AND that is OK. You can call me selfish if you want, and I might call you selfish. Or we can just call a truce and respect each other. I like that.
So, I'm just a woman, getting to know myself still. Yeah. I said it. I'm in love with a man. Big deal. Our world is a little different, our relationship interesting. But it works for us. I'm not interested in carnies (kids) or big weddings or buying a house I can't afford in a town I'm not sure I want to be in. Yep. I said it. My mind's not made up. It might never be. These are going to be my ramblings and meanderings. I'm going to post pictures. Of adventures, that I'm never going to give up on. Of heartache and pain. Because we all have it, and I'm not going to hide mine. I have a love of music and books and NPR and friends and doing stuff, like dancing, biking, climbing, camping, walking, talking, singing and loving. I will share.
It's not going to be pictures of my nights out at the bar. I'd rather go to bed early. It's not going to be a weight loss blog. I don't diet. It's not going to be a celebrity dish blog. I don't know who the most popular ones are right now anyway.
I can't really tell you what it IS going to be. I'm not sure yet. BUT, I think you're going to like it. Maybe. I'm not even sure if I'm going to like it, actually. You might like it one day and hate it the next. I hope I'm able to get that kind of response. I want to have a conversation, be challenged, and enjoy this.
1 comment:
"I have a love of music and books and NPR and friends and doing stuff, like dancing, biking, climbing, camping, walking, talking, singing and loving. I will share. "
Hell yes girl! We are cousins!
P.S. I'm not too interested in Carnies either...
Post a Comment